The world is always full of interesting stuff to discover. I never knew that cow ears were sold as dog treats until my husband bought one for Diva Dog, mainly because he was curious about what such a small dog would do with a big old cow ear. She grabbed it right away, ran gleefully around the house with it, and then settled down to gnaw her prize. It took her a while to eat the whole thing, but there was never any doubt she was determined to conquer it!
A few days later, my daughter was buying dog food at the pet store, noticed some dog cookies with “Diva” on them, and couldn’t pass that up. (The dog’s name isn’t really Diva, but we all started calling her that because she acts so much like one.)
So I decided this week’s Nurturing Thursday post would be all about a happy life from a dog’s perspective:
1. Life is full of unexpected Wow! moments, mainly having to do with yummy stuff you didn’t know about.
2. When a Wow! shows up, it’s okay to get super excited and run all around the house wagging your tail.
3. Of course you can eat it, no matter how big it is! Anything and everything is for eating!
4. Ooh, there are crumbs to lick up, too! Go ahead, they’re your crumbs after all, so why not?
5. It’s all gone, aww… but here’s a toy in the corner, so now it’s time to play again! Yay!
Nurturing Thursday was started by Becca Givens and seeks to “give this planet a much needed shot of fun, support and positive energy.” Visit her site to find more Nurturing Thursday posts and a list of frequent contributors.